This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

But You Look So Good!

Oh but you look so good, I heard them say, Is that me you're talking to? I thank them for the compliment, wishing I felt that way, I wonder what that phrase is really suppose to mean? I'm no Marilyn Monroe and certainly no beauty queen. I'll admit I've done fairly well, quite the actress I've become. I try not to discuss my excruciating cranial nerves ,or my legs that are often numb.

My family has witnessed days in which I can hardly bear, Days when fatigue is so consuming I don't bother to fix my hair. I'll make it to the shower, a technique to hide the pain, you can't hear me crying and my tears are swallowed by the drain. Days when I can't budge and I feel frozen in one place. Of course, these are the days you won't see my face.

I suspect when you see me out in public, I project a certain glow. My good days are seldom now, but I'm truly sick you know? I don't know how to describe the symptoms of a disease still so misunderstood. But, I still don't mind hearing, "Oh, but you look so good."

Copyright @2006 Cheryl Lynn Conway

6 comments:

Matt said...

Jaime Jaime Jaime! It's Matt! Remember me? I decided to start blogging again, after a few months of idleness. Now I'm over at http://whizbangchronicles.blogspot.com/

Hope to be blog-buddies again! -Matt

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime! its so nice to see a face finally because i stereotyped you, do you know what an angel just like i thought. and you are absolutly beutiful
Camille

Jaime said...

Hey Matt! It is great to have you back. I will check in on you soon when things slow down a bit. :)
Jaime

Jaime said...

Camille,

You are sweet, but this picture is not of me. This picture is of Cheryl...the woman that wrote this beautiful poem. She is a friend of mine that I met earlier in the year. She went to advocacy conference with me and is just such a wonderful person, so I was so delighted when she said I could share her poem with all of you.

I do have pictures of me on this blog, they are in the More of Me section. :) It is so great to hear from you. I hope you are doing well. Take care of yourself.

Jaime

Miss Chris said...

I know people mean well when they say "You look so good". If they only knew how we felt on the inside most of the time...

Jaime said...

I would have to agree! This is why I really like Cheryl's poem. Maybe by posting it on here people will be able to understand just a little bit better. Of course they mean well and think that it helps, and for me sometimes it does as I know one year ago I was not doing well....or looking all that great. At the same time it can be something you don't want to hear...like on the bad days when looking good does nothing for you.

Jaime


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com