This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Catching Up......

It is great to be back. :) I have so missed the blogging world! As you may have noticed I have been spending the last couple of days trying to catch up with all of you. I have been stopping in to catch up on all of your happenings. Unfortunately, I have been gone long enough that I will not be able to go back and read everything going on (that would take forever) but I got the gist of it and wish you all the best New Year yet!

So, why was I away so long? Of course one of the reasons was because my old computer died on me. I was waiting till after the holidays when things settled down to get a new one, but thanks to my parents here I am. The other reason is all too familiar. My health! Some days I think of it as just a trial in my life and I am okay with it......other times I feel as if it never ends and wish I could just be one of those lucky people who are healthy. If nothing else my hope for 2008 is that I will be healthy enough to stay out of the hospital and resume things as normal (okay, as normal as possible, lol).

This past 6 months has been a challenge. Not just with my MS either. As you all know, I was in the hospital for a while during July. Well, I got sick in September with the cold from hell. The cold itself was not bad at first, however it decided to become a permanent fixture. October brought my one year anniversary of Novantrone. At first it seemed as if I was not going to respond to this treatment (as I had not been doing well since the last one in July) but I must have just been off to a slow start as it finally kicked in towards the end of the month and into November. I was actually starting feel well enough that I got back to some of my regular routine. My mom and I went back to Curves and I even had a great Thanksgiving with my family.

Unfortunately it did not last. Just a few days later I woke up and then suddenly could not breathe. I instinctively started my nebulizer. Fortunately my sister happened to be at my house visiting for the weekend and as I turned blue (as Katie put it) she called 911. A few minutes later when the EMS arrived my BP was high, I was tachycardic and my O2 sat was only 86%. It turned out that I was having an anaphylactic reaction to one of my medications. A medication that interesting enough is supposed to help my Asthma. This is a very rare side effect (only about 1% chance of having it) and so of course I would be that lucky person to actually have it happen. After several days in the hospital on oxygen, nebulizers, high dose IV antibiotics and steroids I was able to go home. It has been almost a month and I still require the use of the nebulizer and oral steroids. Needless to say I will NEVER take that medication again.

Ironically this is the first time since I started the Novantrone that I did not have problems towards the end of the 3 months. I'm convinced all the steroids and other meds they pumped through me helped my MS as well. Fortunately I am feeling much better now and am ready to get back to everyday life. And, all this just in time for my next Novantrone treatment (next week). Such is life!

So, today I am hopeful for a bright new year! Good ridden 2007! I'm looking forward to a happier and healthier 2008. I hope you all are doing well and that the New Year brings you the best. Take care.
~ Jaime

5 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

WELCOME BACK! Hope we can call 2008 the 'Year of Jaime'.

BRAINCHEESE said...

Glad to read you are back amongst the "computing"! Well, and also the "living"...

Linda D. in Seattle

Miss Chris said...

Sorry to hear you've been ill. Missed you in the Blogosphere and am so glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back writing on your blog. I am looking forward to "feeling great in 2008!"

Hope you are feeling better. Take care,
Anne

http://disablednotdead-anne.blogspot.com

Diane J Standiford said...

It really is hard to catch up on all the blogs. Here I am again going beginning to end, when I should start, oh forget it. Let's all just get better next year! :-)


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com