This is MY journey with MS! I give you my thoughts, feelings, hopes, and prayers. My wish that one day this disease will come to an end. That one day there will be a cure. For now, I hold on to possibility. I HOPE this will help and inspire not only myself but others.
 
For the latest News, Weather, & More.....keep scrolling!

Way to go!

I just checked on the Team MMSJ website and I am happy to report that currently we have raised $500. I am so grateful for everyone who has and will be donating to Team MMSJ this year. As you may already be aware, the MS Walk this year in Kennewick will be held on Saturday, April 12th. So, there is plenty of time to help us out. We would love to have you on our team!

So, now that I have reported on Team MMSJ.....

How is everyone? I hope that now that everyone is well into the year and done with everything holiday related, you are all doing well. The holidays can bring such stress for so many people and we all know one of the worst things for MS is stress. So hopefully this finds each of you stress free and doing well.

Things here have been slow. As mentioned in my chemo post, I have not been feeling well. That has finally turned around. I am still REALLY tired, but overall I am doing a lot better. The whole chemo experience has been so different this time. The whites of my eyes turned blue, my urine was green, and although I always knew these are possible side effects of the "smurf blood" I have not had these effects since about my 2nd dose. Then with the severe reaction with nausea and overall not doing well, it is almost as if I got a larger dose than normal. Of course I know this is not the case, but for some reason it seems to have really made an impact on my body. What I am hoping for (trying to be positive here) is that since I had such a strong reaction to the chemo that will mean that it will work extra hard this time around and I will feel that much better! One could hope. :) Only time will tell of course.

I do have to say there is something to doing your best to have a positive outlook though. Yesterday the nurse at the oncology unit where I get my chemo (had my post-chemo labs) said that she was just so amazed at how positive and happy I always seem to be. I do my best, but the reality is that my family would probably not agree. I do my best to not go out on my bad days and if I have to (for like an appointment) then I put on a happy face. I find that I function better, even if it is difficult, when I tell myself everything is okay. And, 9 times out of 10, everything is okay!

So here's to thinking positive and doing some good! Take care.

3 comments:

Mima said...

The its going to be OK tactic works for me too, I always try and put on a smiling face for visitors no matter how I am feeling. It is very tiring, but I always enjoy the visit more than I would do if I showed how I am really feeling so I think that it is worth the effort. I really hope that you start to pick up again soon.

Christina K Brown said...

Hi!

I just wanted to say that I love all the work you have put into your blog on the sidebars!

xxoo

personallog! said...

Welcome back.x

Dave


All personal text & images are protected under copyright law. 2006-2009



About Me

My photo
I was diagnosed with MS in 2004, have been through all of the FDA approved treatments I qualify for and now am participating in the HALT MS Study. This is my story...my life with MS (among other things).

Do you have a MS Story to tell? Any suggestions, ideas to make my blog better? I would love to hear from you. Please send me an Email.....

Click to Contact Me Now!

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comFree Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

MS Advocacy

More About ME!

Previous Posts

Brian Games!

Directory of Health Blogs
View blog authority
blogarama - the blog directory
My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Listed on BlogShares
Healthcare 100 - eDrugSearch.com